Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss touch-screen in the News & Rumors forums; it looks like Disney is testing those touch-screen ordering systems once again, this time at the Pecos Bill’s Tall Tale Café in Frontierland. Four of the kiosks have been installed ...
    BeastlyKingdom? is offline finally in college... hello disney college program

touch-screen

it looks like Disney is testing those touch-screen ordering systems once again, this time at the Pecos Bill’s Tall Tale Café in Frontierland.

Four of the kiosks have been installed this time allowing diners to eliminate the lines for the CMs and use a credit card (or Disney Dining Plan) to make their own orders. here is a pic

the only 18 year old boy who like disney more than girls......... nvm disney is a close 2nd

I think back on why i am so strange now i know why .... I blame Disney but i still love it

" we have always tried to be guided by the basic idea that, in the discovery of knowledge, there is great entertainment."
    - walt disney

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    Thats kinda a cool idea, but i wonder if there will be any more confusion picking up the food.
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

DizPodDir is offline A-Ticket holder
    they use self order screen at Taste Pilot Gril at DCA so it is something Disney is currently using. It is not any worse (or better IMHO) than using a CM for ordering. Well maybe a little worse, as when I was ordering and had people behind me, I felt pressured to not read the text on the screen, and I could not easily find just a burger (without the fries) and feeling rushed I just spent more money (sure Disney loved that) on a meal instead of just a burger. And the steps to go through after you ordered, saying no to the add ons they try to sell you (dessert, etc). I think it is nice technology, but I may have to come down on the side of placing orders with a person being quicker.

My 2 cents
    Mike

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    the resorts have th in their quick service counters to.

i really like it as Mike said you CAN edit or add anything, so i REALLY enjoyed it.

However, if you take your time, it will be easy! Just take your time. You're both waiting!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    I see confusion and HORRENDOUS stalls.

I mean, it's a great idea and all, but keep the CM's in there. At least no one loses their jobs and the process is just as smooth if not smoother. Have you ever seen people struggling to get through "express check-out" at the grocery store? I'll tell you now, for the faint of heart, it's not an easy tool to conquer.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFREAK91 View Post
    I see confusion and HORRENDOUS stalls.

I mean, it's a great idea and all, but keep the CM's in there. At least no one loses their jobs and the process is just as smooth if not smoother. Have you ever seen people struggling to get through "express check-out" at the grocery store? I'll tell you now, for the faint of heart, it's not an easy tool to conquer.
    I agree with you.

AAADisneyFan is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I use the self checkouts at the grocery store, Wal Mart, Home Depot, Lowes and the post office all the time. I'm sure I will give these a try! I imagine a CM is closeby if you have questions, just like at the grocery store.
    AAADisneyFan
    Eleven Visits Since 2003!!

nbodyhome is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I used one at the Polynesian a couple of weeks back. For me - fine. I'm fast and I have no problem with that. But there were only 2 people in front of me, and it took foreeever for one of them to hunt and peck through it.

I personally think it's a bad idea. Self checkout at BJ's or Wal Mart is fine for me, but you don't want to be behind someone who is unfamiliar (but they usually seem to be in line with a cashier). I like the self checkouts usually because noone is using them. That isn't going to be the case here.

Hakuna Matata is offline Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!
    Wishing on a star for my prince to come...
    that is very cool, i didn't see it in any of the places we ate but maybe there will be more of them next time
    It's our problem-free philosophy Hakuna Matata!
    I've been to Disney World 22 times and can't wait to go back!

yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me!