Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Disney's Wide World of Sports / runDisney Disney Marathon Events Discuss 2009 WDWRadio Marathon Team in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm going to do the 1/2 marathon next year. Lou's determination has inspired me to do something I've always wanted to do but ...

2009 WDWRadio Marathon Team

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm going to do the 1/2 marathon next year. Lou's determination has inspired me to do something I've always wanted to do but never had the guts to do it.

So, who's with me? As the day gets closer I'll post about having a meet sometime that Saturday after the race. As long as I'm not in the hospital. Good thing Tracy knows CPR!

If anyone has any training tips or stories to post, please do so. I'll take all the help I can get.

NAME

Lori (lorilovestigger) ------------1/2 marathon

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

flutter is offline Moderator
    but If I do the marathon with you who is gonna do CPR

Just add your name and we'll figure it out!

DisneyGuy87 is offline Annual Passholder
    Jeremy Johnson....Meet? Yes....Race: Goofy!

Yep I'm going for the double next year...can't wait to see how THAT feels! Hopefully a lot of people get in the races next year. This year was great!

harra is offline Fastpass Holder
    I would do the DIsney Half Marathon, but unfortunately training for a 13 mile run is counterproductive to my current training regime to be a competative bodybuilder. I think the most I can do is train for a 5 mile run.

The group I train with has a motto: You can do anything athletic if you have stick to the DDTs: Diet, Dedication, and Teamwork.

What you put into your body is just as important to what you do to train. You wouldn't put gas into your car that you knew would gunk up your engine, so you cannot do that when training without expecting negative results.

You must be dedicated. A set training schedule is very helpful.

Teamwork makes the other two a lot easier.

I have found that just doing 25-30 minutes of cardio training a day really helped me get to the point where I can run 3 miles very comfortably and that went quickly. If I was to be training for a 13 mile run, I would gradually increase my time so that I'm not trying do too much too fast.

Most of you aren't planning on winning the race, so it's alot easier to train to finish as opposed to train to win Good luck to all of you that are attempting such a feat.
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

Thanks for the advice Ray!! Good luck with the bodybuilding!! From what I saw, you look pretty good!

Biggest guns of the Disney Bloggers!

NAME

Lori (lorilovestigger) ------------1/2 marathon
    Jeremy Johnson....Meet? Yes....Race: Goofy!
    Tracy (flutter)................1/2 marathon

Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger View Post
    Thanks for the advice Ray!! Good luck with the bodybuilding!! From what I saw, you look pretty good!

Biggest guns of the Disney Bloggers!
    If Disney ever sponsored a bodybuilding contest, I'd be there with bells on, but I guess they don't see the benefit of having a bunch of large oiled up men and women on property.....haha
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

pigletfan is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I am thinking of doing it! I am signing up for the Minnie Marathon in May. I am also hoping that they will have a special 10th anniversary medal for the half in 2009! I will probably sign up, I just need a little nudge, haha! Just think, last week at this time what were we all doing? I was getting all of my things ready for the marathon, and getting ready for my 3am wake up call!

Quote Originally Posted by harra View Post
    If Disney ever sponsored a bodybuilding contest, I'd be there with bells on, but I guess they don't see the benefit of having a bunch of large oiled up men and women on property.....haha
    you and me both....oh I'd just be watching

Oiled up men at WDW sounds good to me

Quote Originally Posted by pigletfan View Post
    I am thinking of doing it! I am signing up for the Minnie Marathon in May. I am also hoping that they will have a special 10th anniversary medal for the half in 2009! I will probably sign up, I just need a little nudge, haha! Just think, last week at this time what were we all doing? I was getting all of my things ready for the marathon, and getting ready for my 3am wake up call!
    I was drinking a spiked Dole whip float walking down Main st USA

Sorry....

Didn't mean to take the thread off topic...haha

I really do have a lot of respect for those you ya'll who are wanting to do this half or full marathon stuff. Running has got to be one of the worst forms of torture. It's when you find out how entertaining you really. Without the aid of a portable MP3 player, you are stuck with whatever entertainment you can come up with in your head to take your mind off the road.

But, if properly conditioned you can maintain a decent pace to finish. I think you need to have a 13-15 minute mile to finish without being swept
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger View Post
    Oiled up men at WDW sounds good to me
    Amen sister....short men with big guns at Magicmeet will be cool too

Sorry....

Didn't mean to take the thread off topic...haha

I really do have a lot of respect for those you ya'll who are wanting to do this half or full marathon stuff. Running has got to be one of the worst forms of torture. It's when you find out how entertaining you really. Without the aid of a portable MP3 player, you are stuck with whatever entertainment you can come up with in your head to take your mind off the road.

But, if properly conditioned you can maintain a decent pace to finish. I think you need to have a 13-15 minute mile to finish without being swept
    Oh Lori and I will entertain each other

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast