Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Disney's Wide World of Sports / runDisney Disney Marathon Events Discuss WDW Marathon in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Show 4 was excellant. I really enjoyed the discussion between Lou and the great Mike "Dole whip" Scopa. I have also been training and have entered the 2008 Marathon How ...
    Britmick is offline B-Ticket Holder

WDW Marathon

Show 4 was excellant. I really enjoyed the discussion between Lou and the great Mike "Dole whip" Scopa.

I have also been training and have entered the 2008 Marathon

How many other forum members will be at the start line in January?

An even more interesting question is how many of us will make the finish?
    BRITMICK:mickey:

DVC Member Saratoga Springs 06

"I'm going to Disneyworld"

jswalker1981 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I'm hoping to be in the half-marathon. I have to start training. I was going to start in February, but I got a sinus infection and it really hindered my chances to train. But I'm hoping to train and be there in 2008. Does anyone know if there is a deadline to register and if there is a limit to how many people can register?
    The Butabi brothers from Night at the Roxbury:

Doug Butabi: So anyways, I was standing there waiting to use the pay phone.
    Steve Butabi: Yeah, he was, seriously.
    Doug Butabi: And this guy who was on the phone, turns around and tips his hat like this.
    Steve Butabi: And who do you think that guy was?
    Doug Butabi: Lou Mongello.
    Steve Butabi: The Disney World Trivia man, I swear to God, I was there.
    Doug Butabi: Of course you were, you were the one who yelled the Podcaster's name.
    Steve Butabi: I was like, "LOU!!!"

TestSherpa is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Oh man, I would love to. It's such a great excuse to get back into running. I used to be an avid runner, but also, a nagging ITB injury, a three-year-old and a 5-week old have kept me off the road for a while. Maybe I should aim for the half and it would be a good excuse to bring the fam back (and of course return for myself as well). I'm excited to see how many people might go from this forum.
    M
    Founder of TestSherpa LSAT Test Preparation
    The LSAT is not as fun as the Haunted Mansion, but just as scary.

I would love to be there, BUT - I am already scheduled for a veterinaty medicine conference in Orlando (just offsite at the Gaylord Palms) which runs Jan 19-23 - I think that's a week after the marathon weekend. I did the same conference in 2005 when the weekends overlapped - went to Epcot on the Friday and after seeing all the port-a-pots off in the parking lot I remembered the marathon - sorry I hadn't planned for it then.

I was checking future dates - I have my annual conference dates through 2020, but I have not been able to find any Marathon dates beyond 2008.

Does anyone have future Marathon dates?? 2009 and beyond??
    I'll ask Disney to see if the dates have been released - hope I get a response...

I was wondering if anyone is going to run the Race for the Taste 10K race in October. I'm thinking of registering for it as a test/warmup to half-marathon in January. I think it would be cool to have a group of us DWT members running as a group.

Doug Butabi: And this guy who was on the phone, turns around and tips his hat like this.
    Doug Butabi: Of course you were, you were the one who yelled the Podcaster's name.

I would love to run the "Race for the taste". Running through my favourite place with food included...heaven. I don't think I can justify another trip. We are over in August and then in January for the Marathon so I don't think so

Quote Originally Posted by jswalker1981 View Post
    I'm hoping to be in the half-marathon. I have to start training. I was going to start in February, but I got a sinus infection and it really hindered my chances to train. But I'm hoping to train and be there in 2008. Does anyone know if there is a deadline to register and if there is a limit to how many people can register?
    I don't think there is deadline but once it is full that is it. I believe the "Goofy" where you run the half and full marathon is full already.

Cost is $95 or $90 for DVC/Cast Members DVC members can register through the DVCMember website or call WDW Wide World of Sports for an entry form

streamlines is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Britmick View Post
    I don't think there is deadline but once it is full that is it. I believe the "Goofy" where you run the half and full marathon is full already.

Cost is $95 or $90 for DVC/Cast Members DVC members can register through the DVCMember website or call WDW Wide World of Sports for an entry form
    For some very weird reason, I managed to get the registration for the Goofy so I will be there for only my second trip to the world. If the cotton wont rub to much I might try to wear a WDWRadio T-shirt (or Mousetunes if they haven't been designed by then? )

Or Maybe we can have a post race weekend drink at Raglan Road on the Sunday night?
    Hayden

Done the Goofy and Survived

1st WDW Visit - Sept 05
    1st Disneyland Paris Trip - Nov 05
    1st WDW On-Site stay - Jan 08 (Polynesian)
    1st WDW Alone - Jun 08 (Work Trip, Hilton)
    1st Disneyland Hong Kong Trip - Dec 08
    1st Disneyland Trip - May 09
    1st Fan meet, Disneyland Paris - Dec 09
    40th Birthday Trip WDW - Jun 10 (Postponned)
    Christmas Trip WDW - Dec 10
    D23 Expo - Aug 11

rae! is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Hey to everyone!
    This sounds great that everyone wants to get together for the half marathon in 2008.I'm going and I have been training.I injured my calf muscle and I can't restart to train til next week when the doc says I can.I have been doing light weight training and riding my bike 3.8 miles.
    The race for the taste sounds good to try,I don't know if i can make that one.I will let you know if I can.Going to the kingdom this week!!!!! the 15-18!!!
    Oh yeah Lou said he was training for the half marathon in 2009,any word on his progress?? Like to know.
    Last edited by rae!; 03-13-2007 at 10:22 AM. Reason: spelling
    Goofy Race Half Challenge 2011
    Rae Club 8
    Creator of Team Voice
    teamvoice@rocketmail.com
    www.raeplace.blogspot.com
    www.virturalvoiceevents.blogspot.com

MikeS is offline A-Ticket holder
    There is no deadline but there are only so many slots. I expect that by August everything will be filled.

Still not sure if I am going back for 2008. The crowded field made it tough to run the way I like to run.

Race for the Taste is a fun race because you get to run through MGM and EPCOT and they feed you pretty well at the end. That too has grown like 300% in the last few years.
    Mike

JediGamer is offline A-Ticket holder
    I'm inspired to run in the '09 1/2 Marathon (I'm so old, fat and out of shape it's not even funny! ). I started training today with my first brisk walk other than at WDW in about a year.

I'm hoping to run in the Race for the Taste in fall of '08 if my trip lines up with that. Does anyone know when that is usually held?

DsnyLeigh is offline A-Ticket holder
    Im planning on doing the half in 2008. I did it in 2007 and it was a blast! I had every intention of doing the Race for the Taste in October, but unfortunately I now have a wedding to go to . Im gonna have to go down for the food and wine festival anyway!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JediGamer View Post
    I'm inspired to run in the '09 1/2 Marathon (I'm so old, fat and out of shape it's not even funny! ). I started training today with my first brisk walk other than at WDW in about a year.

I'm hoping to run in the Race for the Taste in fall of '08 if my trip lines up with that. Does anyone know when that is usually held?
    The race for the taste is typically in October during the Food and Wine Festival.

P.S. GO COWBOYS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS View Post
    There is no deadline but there are only so many slots. I expect that by August everything will be filled.

Still not sure if I am going back for 2008. The crowded field made it tough to run the way I like to run.

Race for the Taste is a fun race because you get to run through MGM and EPCOT and they feed you pretty well at the end. That too has grown like 300% in the last few years.
    Hi Mike, just a quick question, does everyone who hasn't already got their own get given a Champion Chip so that their times are recorded? I believe they are like a plastic disc that go on your shoe.

JediGamer is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks for the information! The Race for the Taste is a 5 K, right?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast