Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Cruise Line Discuss Shipping a box to the ship in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I saw a post - but can't find it now..... someone shipped their FE gifts and other things to the ship so that they didn't have to bring it in ...
    LUVdisny is offline A-Ticket holder

Shipping a box to the ship

I saw a post - but can't find it now..... someone shipped their FE gifts and other things to the ship so that they didn't have to bring it in their luggage.....

does anyone have any information on doing this?

Thanks......
    It is a BLIZZARD here today in Central Illinois..... snowing like crazy....Peoria stations are saying 3" an hour..... sure hope not..... and no ICE - please!

Re: Shipping a box to the ship

It's under the fish extender link somewhere. Just not sure what post number it is.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

I found it!!

I finally got my act together to see if the info I had from another site was accurate by calling DCL for shipping info....here's what I got today (combined with info on another site.....)

*NO FOODS/DRINKS OF ANY KIND, LIQUOR OF ANY KIND, FIREARMS, ETC.. Items that cannot be shipped to the Disney Cruise Line Warehouse and delivered to the ship include: food products (any and all food products including baby food/formula), beverages (liquor, water, etc.), chemicals, and luggage. If baby formula needs to be shipped, it must be a direct ship from the manufacturer.

Address your package to:
    Disney Cruise Line Warehouse
    Guest Name / Stateroom # (GTY, if you don't know what it is when you send the package)
    8633 Transport Drive
    Orlando, FL 32832
    Phone: 407-566-8196

In the bottom left corner of the top of the package put the following information: ATTN: HOUSEKEEPING
    *Name
    *Sail Date
    *Ship
    *Stateroom Number
    *The package also must have a packing slip in an envelope attached to the outside of the box that details the contents of the package. Write "packing slip" on the outside of the envelope.

*Packages must arrive by Friday Feb 25 by 3:00pm for the Feb 27th cruise.

The info I had found and used previously had stated there is a one box minimum, the size of a record box with a 20lb limit. Upon calling DCL today, the CM I spoke with said she found NO information regarding any size, number or weight limit, but I would try to adhere to that policy.

***When in doubt, CALL DCL!!!!***** (that is my disclaimer!)

shelbell77 is offline Deck 7 Cool Kid!

Quote Originally Posted by LUVdisny View Post
    It is a BLIZZARD here today in Central Illinois..... snowing like crazy....Peoria stations are saying 3" an hour..... sure hope not..... and no ICE - please!
    stay warm! My company is based in Peoria and they just sent out notification on working from home the next couple of days.

I'm up over 4 feet at my house at this point and haven't seen the ground since December ......
    -----------------------------------------------

Shelley
    Are you 23??? I am!!

Keep in mind that there is a chance of it getting lost. So don't put anything of value in it.

I plan on UPSing my FE stuff down next week. Then I can track that it arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by shelbell77 View Post
    stay warm! My company is based in Peoria and they just sent out notification on working from home the next couple of days.

I'm up over 4 feet at my house at this point and haven't seen the ground since December ......
    I'm sitting in my sewing room making boots for our pirate costumes.....it is 2 p.m. and it is snowing SO much you can hardly see the house across the street! State Farm in Bloomington - closed at noon today (family members work there) everything around here is shut down....do you work for CAT?

Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger View Post
    I found it!!

I finally got my act together to see if the info I had from another site was accurate by calling DCL for shipping info....here's what I got today (combined with info on another site.....)

*NO FOODS/DRINKS OF ANY KIND, LIQUOR OF ANY KIND, FIREARMS, ETC.. Items that cannot be shipped to the Disney Cruise Line Warehouse and delivered to the ship include: food products (any and all food products including baby food/formula), beverages (liquor, water, etc.), chemicals, and luggage. If baby formula needs to be shipped, it must be a direct ship from the manufacturer.

Address your package to:
    Disney Cruise Line Warehouse
    Guest Name / Stateroom # (GTY, if you don't know what it is when you send the package)
    8633 Transport Drive
    Orlando, FL 32832
    Phone: 407-566-8196

In the bottom left corner of the top of the package put the following information: ATTN: HOUSEKEEPING
    *Name
    *Sail Date
    *Ship
    *Stateroom Number
    *The package also must have a packing slip in an envelope attached to the outside of the box that details the contents of the package. Write "packing slip" on the outside of the envelope.

*Packages must arrive by Friday Feb 25 by 3:00pm for the Feb 27th cruise.

The info I had found and used previously had stated there is a one box minimum, the size of a record box with a 20lb limit. Upon calling DCL today, the CM I spoke with said she found NO information regarding any size, number or weight limit, but I would try to adhere to that policy.

***When in doubt, CALL DCL!!!!***** (that is my disclaimer!)
    Thanks SO much for finding this.... you are GREAT......I think I'll get my together with my daughter and mail mine next week......you could also get one of those boxes from the Post Office that is one price shipping for anything in the box...... and then put tracking on it..... then you will know if it got there....

shelbell77 is offline Deck 7 Cool Kid!

Quote Originally Posted by LUVdisny View Post
    ....do you work for CAT?
    I do! Was in town mid January during that little storm. I say little because compared to what I've been putting up with the 6 inches then was nothing! I even walked across the street from my hotel to the civic center the day it snowed!!!
    -----------------------------------------------

Shelley
    Are you 23??? I am!!

ajwiseman09 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Lucky all of you who are getting snow. We here in Central Indiana are dealing with ice and sleet right now. They are only saying it will get worse. We have filled our bathtub with water in case the power goes out. Kind of strange.
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." Walt Disney

Prior to 1998-Offsite (2 trips)
    2000-Fort Wilderness (5)
    2001-Fort Wilderness (5)
    2006-Offsite (3)
    10/10/09-10/17-Coronado Springs (Honeymoon) (6)
    12/31/09-1/4/10-All Star Movies (New Years) (3)
    10/7/10-10/16-Wilderness Lodge (1st Ann.) (8)
    11/24/10-11/28-Lighthouse Keys (2)
    3/9/11-3/15/11-LK & PO Riverside (5)
    7/29/11-8/6/11- LK and Disney Dream (3)
    9/2/11-9/6/11- LK (4)
    12/31-1/6/12 - LK and Carribbean Beach (7)
    3/29-4/2 - Pop Century (3)
    7/27-7/30 - LK (4)
    11/1-11/11 - Poly, Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Dream (5)
    5/23/13-5/27 - LK (5)
    8/3-811 - Disneyland (4)

Total Days in Disney Parks: 72