Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss how many can ride together? in the Ask The Experts forums; Can any of you remember the number of people that can fit on each ride/boat/seat/doombuggy etc (you know what i mean) There are 9 of us (5 adults and 4 ...
    DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle

how many can ride together?

Can any of you remember the number of people that can fit on each ride/boat/seat/doombuggy etc (you know what i mean)
    There are 9 of us (5 adults and 4 kids), and we have been trying to figure out from photos, how many can sit together on which rides.
    Soarin looks like we can all be together, but things like Splash Mtn look like 4 rows of 2 seats (ie 8 per boat). Can the CM's allow a little one to sit between 2 adults on some rides? How many can a doombuggy hold? etc
    Info on any or all of the rides would be great, many thanks x
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    I believe on splash Mountain they will let a littler child sit in the middle of two adults. Or you could sit three children together if you wish. The doombuggies are smaller, but you should be able to fit three in each. So you would have 3 doombuggies.

Try this site, it should be able to help you with every park

Magic Kingdom At Large
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    On Soarin you all can sit together. They would probably let a small child sit between 2 adults on SM and HM. Small world you could probably all fit on one boat. On SSE its 4 to a car so someone will have to sit by themselfs. Peter pans flight you might be able to have 2 adults and one child in between. And on winnie the pooh there is two rows so 2 adults in front with a child and 2 adults in the back with a child. Im just baseing this on memories and things I've seen done before with large groups. Hope this helps!
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    I've definitely seen 2 adults and a *small* child squeezed into one row of a Splash Mountain log.

Most of the dark rides (Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan, Pooh, Snow White, Buzz Lightyear, Nemo Seas, Journey Into Imagination) are all similar - they'll fit two adults comfortably, two adults and a small child shouldn't be too much of a problem. That may or may not apply to Spaceship Earth too - I don't know if the new touch screens cut into room available.

I wouldn't put more than one adult and one child on Dumbo or its carpet and triceratop clones.

Probably no more than four to a Teacup.

Space Mountain is a series of train cars. Two trains are connected together, each train has three seats, each seat is one behind another.

Big Thunder is two seats only, no lap belts... I wouldn't recommend trying to squeeze a third.

Rock 'N Rollercoaster is 2 per row.

Test Track is 6 per car, 2 rows of 3.

All nine of you will easily fit together on the boats (Pirates, Small World, Gran Fiesta Tour, Maelstrom).

I *think* Dinosoar is 2 rows of 4 per car? I could be wrong about that.

All nine will easily fit in Tower of Terror (assuming all four kids are old/tall enough)

All nine will easily fit in Great Movie Ride, Star Tours, and Backlot Tour

Universe of Energy is likewise accomodating.

TTA I probably wouldn't put more than 4 per car (two facing forward, two facing back). Each car is connected to at least one other, but I haven't yet found a pattern to the number of cars per train...

Hope that helps!

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer13 View Post
    Can any of you remember the number of people that can fit on each ride/boat/seat/doombuggy etc (you know what i mean)
    There are 9 of us (5 adults and 4 kids), and we have been trying to figure out from photos, how many can sit together on which rides.
    Soarin looks like we can all be together, but things like Splash Mtn look like 4 rows of 2 seats (ie 8 per boat). Can the CM's allow a little one to sit between 2 adults on some rides? How many can a doombuggy hold? etc
    Info on any or all of the rides would be great, many thanks x
    Soarin' seats are individual right next to each other. Cant remember how many in a row total--around 10 or so

Splash Mountain is iffy for squeezing a kid in. They wouldnt let Donnie, Meghyn and I sit all in the same row (then again we are fat butts and they may have wanted to balance out the boat--woulda worked had Donnie not kept shifting from one side to the other----STOP THAT DONNIE! I am getting seasick)

The Doombuggys "can" hold 2 fat adults and a small 4 yr old---VERY tight sqeeze but it can be done (she kinda stood up a bit) Not very comfy, next time we do seperate cars. Same thing for NEMO...very tight

Any otherattractions in particular? Sizes and ages help to determine too.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by mritty View Post
    I've definitely seen 2 adults and a *small* child squeezed into one row of a Splash Mountain log.

Most of the dark rides (Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan, Pooh, Snow White, Buzz Lightyear, Nemo Seas, Journey Into Imagination) are all similar - they'll fit two adults comfortably, two adults and a small child shouldn't be too much of a problem. That may or may not apply to Spaceship Earth too - I don't know if the new touch screens cut into room available.

I wouldn't put more than one adult and one child on Dumbo or its carpet and triceratop clones.

Probably no more than four to a Teacup.

Space Mountain is a series of train cars. Two trains are connected together, each train has three seats, each seat is one behind another.

Big Thunder is two seats only, no lap belts... I wouldn't recommend trying to squeeze a third.

Rock 'N Rollercoaster is 2 per row.

Test Track is 6 per car, 2 rows of 3.

All nine of you will easily fit together on the boats (Pirates, Small World, Gran Fiesta Tour, Maelstrom).

I *think* Dinosoar is 2 rows of 4 per car? I could be wrong about that.

All nine will easily fit in Tower of Terror (assuming all four kids are old/tall enough)

All nine will easily fit in Great Movie Ride, Star Tours, and Backlot Tour

Universe of Energy is likewise accomodating.

TTA I probably wouldn't put more than 4 per car (two facing forward, two facing back). Each car is connected to at least one other, but I haven't yet found a pattern to the number of cars per train...

Hope that helps!

Dinosaur is definitely 4 per row, but I'm pretty sure there are at least three rows per car. Seats are not bench seats but chairs, so there's no way to squeeze more than four in a row. I'd keep little ones who are easily scared away from the end seats in the front row. If memory serves, the cast members controlling the boarding area for Dinosaur usually ask how many are in your party and board you so as to keep you together.

Four per car is right for TTA, and there are definitely more than two cars per train, but in the loading area you can't easily tell where one train ends and another begins, so it would be hard to make sure you're all one one train anyway. However trains don't really get that far apart, and you're all coming back to the same place in the same order, so it's not really a big deal if your group is split between trains.

Buzz Lightyear is 2 per car. You could probably fit a third in the middle, but there are only two guns per car so whomever's in the middle won't get to play, so I'd keep it to 2.
    Last edited by tizzo; 01-11-2008 at 01:28 PM.

TIGGER76* is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Wondering how many can ride together on these rides at WDW

My family is leaving in 2 weeks for our first trip to WDW.
    My husband was in a car accident some time back and received a head injury, he has been advised not to ride some of the faster and rougher rides, so it's just me and my 2 daughter's riding on the following rides, and I was wondering if we could ride them together or would we have to be split up (could I use baby swap if we can't ride together? if so how does that work?
    I'm 5'7" and a bit poohish (220), my girls are 6 and 8 and both skinny minnies if this helps.
    Any info would be greatly appreciated on: BTM, SM, & Barnstormer in MK
    THANKS!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    I went looking in some Disney guide books and see photos with 3 in a row (1 adult, 2 kids) on Big Thunder and Barnstormer, but the kids are little. Worst case would be you would be split into two rows on the same car - the girls could ride in the row ahead of you, for example. Not sure if "SM" was Space Mountain or Splash Mountain - Space Mountain there are 3 single seats in a rocket, so a party of 3 would all be in one rocket. Splash Mountain is usually 2 but might fit 3 in a row, again, worst case is you'll be in two rows of the same log.

On all of the attractions you asked about, it is easy to see the people in the row in front of you, so you'd have no trouble keeping an eye on them if you were in two rows.

Baby swap (also called rider switch) could be used. Speak to the Cast Member at the entrance, they will tell you how it works for each ride.

to DWT, Tigger76*
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    disneydame2004 said
    .... Splash Mountain is usually 2 but might fit 3 in a row, again, worst case is you'll be in two rows of the same log.
    You will be able to fit in one row on Splash. In 1996 I took my then 9 y.o niece and 5 y.o nephew on Splash, and I am "pooh" sized.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

If you do seat lop-sided-weight-people (if that makes sense) in BTMRR, make sure the heavier person is sitting on the right. Otherwise, the heavier person may squish the little one the whole time which is no fun at all...
    All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney

The problem is not the problem; the problem is your attitude about the problem - Captain Jack Sparrow

Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever - Walt Disney

rosworms is offline The Harry Potter fandom's little Disney Freak
    I remember in highschool, we got three 18 year olds (two average and one overweight) to seat on Splash Mountain and three on Haunted Mansion. Haunted Mansion was a tight fit, but Splash Mountain was comfortable (if you don't have a problem with invaded personal space).
    Disney Trips
    May 1994- WDW (off property)
    May 1997- WDW (off property)
    March 2001- WDW (off property)
    May 2006- Disneyland (off property)
    September 2010- WDW (POFQ)
    October 2012 - Wedding and Honeymoon! - WDW (POR)

First Timer is offline I saw the Mouse now I want to go back!
    I was just Down to WDW with my 11 yr old son and two yr old niece and I found that we all could fit comfortable in the following rides: HM, Winnie the pooh, Magic carpet ride, POTC, TTA, Imagination with figment, The seas with Nemo, and Spaceship Earth!
    Loni

First Trip- Jan. 07, POFQ
    Second Trip- May 08, Pop Century