Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Is there a "best" day to go to Epcot? in the Ask The Experts forums; Sorry, I'm asking for my mom, who is the most over-planningest person you've ever met in your life. She's going to Epcot for one day during her week's stay in ...
    AllieBee is offline D-Ticket Holder

Is there a "best" day to go to Epcot?

Sorry, I'm asking for my mom, who is the most over-planningest person you've ever met in your life.

She's going to Epcot for one day during her week's stay in Orlando with a friend. They're not going to any other WDW parks. I know, what it she thinking?

Anyway, she really wanted me to ask the experts if there is a known day that is better than others to go to Epcot, crowd-wise. Are there any insider statistics that show that there's a better day of the week than others?

Thanks for humoring my mom and letting me know!
    October, 2003 - Wilderness Lodge
    January, 2006 - Disney Magic
    January, 2007 - Windsor Hills Resort
    October, 2007 - Bonnet Creek Resort
    January, 2008 - Disney Magic
    January, 2010 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28-February 5, 2011 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 12-January 15, 2012 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28 -January 31, 2012 - Pop Century

Read my pre-trip report!
    http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    When is she going exactly? That makes a difference. First week of December I had a plan of which days to go to which parks to avoid crowds, didn't follow it at all once we got there and didn't notice a change in crowds for that week. At busier times things might be different. I have a couple sites I used to plan the week--

Check this one out:

Developing a Daily Game Plan

And this one:

TouringPlans.com - The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World

AllieBee is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Thanks for your reply and thanks for the resources! She's going in early March, if that helps at all.
    October, 2003 - Wilderness Lodge
    January, 2006 - Disney Magic
    January, 2007 - Windsor Hills Resort
    October, 2007 - Bonnet Creek Resort
    January, 2008 - Disney Magic
    January, 2010 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28-February 5, 2011 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 12-January 15, 2012 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28 -January 31, 2012 - Pop Century

Read my pre-trip report!
    http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by AllieBee View Post
    Sorry, I'm asking for my mom, who is the most over-planningest person you've ever met in your life.
    You say that like it's a bad thing. It's a very good thing, as far as a Disney vacation is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by AllieBee View Post
    She's going to Epcot for one day during her week's stay in Orlando with a friend. They're not going to any other WDW parks. I know, what it she thinking?

Anyway, she really wanted me to ask the experts if there is a known day that is better than others to go to Epcot, crowd-wise. Are there any insider statistics that show that there's a better day of the week than others?
    What day you go isn't even remotely important, compared to having a decent plan of what you want to do once you're there. Your mom is focusing on the wrong variable. If you plan correctly (using the touring plans from TouringPlans.com is my recommendation), the crowds will not affect you.

That being said, touringplans.com ranks Wednesday as the least crowded day at Epcot, and Tuesday as the most crowded (in order, from least to most: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Monday, Sunday, Tuesday)

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    Sorry, but isn't the obvious answer to this question - everyday!?
    That would be my choice!!
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I'd say Tuesday-Thursday is best (I know the above says Tuesday is one of the busiest but I'm generalizing). Folks who live in the area tend to go on the weekends and if they are like I was when I was there I'd take one day of time off from work to extend my weekend, making Fridays and Mondays bad times to do it. In all honesty though, of all the parks, Epcot tends to be the least busy in general, at least from my experience.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    If you're going during the Food & Wine Festival, I absolutely agree with the "Avoid Epcot weekends like the plague" philosophy. Locals come out in droves so that some food booths have waits of 20 minutes. It was crazy in comparison to the lighter crowds of the weekdays.

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    According to TouringPlans.com - The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World Wednesday historically has the shortest wait times.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"